- Rotary percussive probing, rotary open hole, coring & core logging
- Shell and Auger (Soils) boreholes
- Installing temporary or permanent casing for monitoring, down hole surveys and sampling
- Installation of stand pipes, piezometers, instrumentation, ground water monitoring and control systems
- In-situ borehole tests including, hydrological tests (modified falling head, pumping and single packer tests), discrete water sampling and SPT's/CPT's
- Trail pits and trenches
- Sampling, logging (to IRSM standards) and testing
- Investigation of contaminated sites
- Production of factual reports
- We are fully qualified to carry out SI work on network rail infrastructure
- We can also provide a range of specific survey and testing techniques through our links with specialist geotechnical service providers
- CCTV, laser and ultrasonic cavity surveys
- Geophysical surveys
- Dynamic probing
Our specialist drilling equipment allows us to easily overcome strata anomalies that can significantly affect site investigation drilling thus enabling accurate information to be obtained.
- Casagrande C6S/M9 Dual head rigs - simultaneous casing of drill holes enabling 'one pass' drilling through unstable ground, worked seams and voids without loss of flush. The installed steel casing can immediately be used for monitoring, groundwater sampling, down hole surveys, and replaced with permanent plastic casing.
- The dual head units and cuttings collection systems have been adapted when drilling in artesian conditions or in a salt mine investigation to enable drilling recirculation, sealing off wet rock head and providing blow-out protection.
- Similar adaptions have been made for coal bed methane investigation boreholes where the first 150m of up to 600m deep boreholes have been drilled as one-pass, fully cased through unstable ground and shallow workings and to facilitate gas protection.
To see our Project Profiles for Site Investigation, click here.